A couple of years ago I made my husband some homemade filled chocolates for Valentines Day. My husband loves chocolate!!! My Indian Wedding Anniversary is coming up ( yes I have two anniversaries) The Chocolates were so yummy and so fun to make, so I think I will make them again. I thought I would share my filled chocolate recipe with you. You can add any filling inside you like, it all comes out good.
1. Get a mold of some kind. There are usually plastic or silicone. I lightly greased mine. The one I used is actually an ice-cube tray. I got it at Target for $3.
2. Melt any chocolate of your choice in a double broiler, or a metal or glass bowl over hot water. Turn off the heat once the chocolate melts.
3. Put chocolate in a plastic or piping bag and snip off the tip. Fill 1/3 and make sure to cover the bottom and sides. Put in Freezer or fridge to harden ( about 10 minutes)
4. Take out the chocolate mold out of the fridge. Put prepared filling inside the chocolate shells. You can choose lots of different fillings. The one above is sweet coconut with almond. You may need to cool the filling before sealing it up. Once cool, put another layer of melted chocolate over the filling. Make sure to fill in all the gaps and smooth it over.
5. Freeze the sealed chocolates for another 10-15 minutes, until completely cool. Bend the mold to pop out the chocolates, they should come out easily. Pop one in your mouth and Enjoy!!!