As Thanksgiving Day approaches and I get busy with the cooking and the preparations for the big meal at my moms, I want to take a moment to write about some of the many things that I am thankful in my life!
1.GOOD HEALTH. I am so thankful beyond words for my family’s health. To be honest it is something that I take for granted. I am working on getting healthier and eating better and getting out and moving the body that God gave me. I watch commercials about children with different types of illnesses and I pray to God for those children and pray that my child never becomes so ill. Good health is really something to be thankful for.
2. Family: I am blessed with a beautiful large family. I have 7 brothers and sisters. Tons of nieces and nephews, wonderful sister in laws. I have a wonderful family in india from my husbands side as well. This year my grandmother passed away and we learned that my brother and sister in law are blessed to be pregnant with another child! Life goes on and keeps going. I am thankful for my husband and daughter and their constant love and presence in my life. It is through all this love that life has meaning.
3. Food: I am thankful for the abundance and variety of food that we are blessed to have. So much of the world goes hungry everyday. I am committed to bring healthy food into our house and be thankful for every bite.
4. Friends: I am so thankful for the friends that I have in my life. I do not have a large amount of people I call “friends”, but the ones that I do have are really quite wonderful. You know who you are!! You are there for me through the ups and downs of life; making me laugh, letting me rant, and always being there when I needed you. Some are geographically close others are further away, but your presence is always felt in my life. Some of my closest friends are people that I have never even “met” in person. Women that I have met though my social media group for mixed Indian couples and together we have created real friendships. I want to thank all these wonderful people in my life, near and far!
5. Weather: After living in Michigan for one year and experiencing the worse snowy winter in more than four decades I am so thankful to be back in the mild climate of California. I will never take for granted the weather again. I only pray that California gets the rain that it needs to get us out of the horrible drought that it hitting this region.
6. Technology: These days Facebook and the overuse of phones has given technology a bad reputation. The truth is technology is a tool. I live apart from a lot of my family and Facebook and the internet has kept me connected to all of them. We do not get to see our family in India, Maryland, Texas, or even Los Angles that often. Facebook, email, and skype keeps us all connected in each others lives! I am so thankful to get to be connected to my family and friends even though they are so far away from me.
7. Safety! : I am so thankful that on a daily basis we are relatively safe. There is a large portion of the World, including the United States, that life can be taken so quickly. Where children are killed by bombs and bullets. Where lives end in senseless violence and children grow up with an unending fear! I am so grateful beyond any words that we live in a place of relative safety. I pray for peace in the world.
I know I can not possibly list everything that I am thankful in my life in this short post! I am so thankful for the people and things in my life that make it better and worth living. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!